Strong problem-solving skills
Ability to adapt to varying demands
Passion and commitment to excel
Effective communication skills at all levels, technical through to management
As a Network Support Engineer (Tier2/3) you will be expected to be reactive to a multitude of issues as they arise. Problem solving and time management skills are a must, with customer Incidents requiring timely fixes to maintain LAN3’s service centre SLAs. You will be an escalation point for the Tier 1 level cases, with an expectation to further troubleshoot and escalate through to Tier 3 or vendor support as appropriate. Cases are shared between multiple engineers, so a thorough and methodical approach to note taking and case documentation is vital.
You will be expected to assist and train the Tier 1 level staff in the LAN3 portfolio of products, guiding them through the troubleshooting process, Incident management and customer communications. Knowledge base article creation and maintenance will form part of this process, and collaboration with LAN3’s technical team of Pre-Sales and Professional Services in sharing information.
LAN3 operate a fully managed service, and part of your responsibility will be to ensure that customer SLAs are met and provide a pro-active support service.
As a member of the team you will be required to provide on-call support to LAN3’s customers across the UK, responding to all cases and managed service alerts as they are raised.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Providing 2nd line technical support
• Escalation and point of contact for clients with network related issues
• Logging & managing all calls to SLA on service management system from inception to successful closure; ensuring calls are handled correctly
• Performing investigation and/or troubleshooting of system and network issues to determine root cause and resolution
• Completing upgrades for customers with a LAN3 Manged Service contract
• Managing & monitoring customer networks
• Referring client requests for advice & consultation to team lead/account manager where necessary
• Maintaining suitable lines of communication with all staff & clients by various means; email, meeting schedules, shared documents, phone, mobile etc
• Process all support requests within SLA and following procedural requirements
• Escalate appropriate requests to ensure timely resolution
• Prepare and deliver scheduled reports
• Manage event monitoring tools and ticket queue to resolve operation tickets within SLA parameters
• Develop and document support procedures
• Implements and maintains data centre infrastructure with general support of a Tier 2 Operations Engineer
• Training and mentoring of Tier 1 analysts
• Perform other support duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
• ITIL certifications desirable but not essential
• Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or work experience
• CCNA/CWNA or equivalent
• 1-3 years of directly related experience supporting Service Centre operations
• Comfortable supporting customers using a support tool, email, voice, and/or remote connections to identify, research, and resolve a variety of technical problems and requests
• Ability to resolve issues without escalation to other staff and can discern when to ask advice and/or to escalate
• Customer-service orientation
• Focus-tasking and prioritisation skills
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Ability to adapt to varying demands
• Passion and commitment to excel
• Effective communication skills at all levels, technical through to management both within and outside the organisation
• A passion for working with people and the ability to quickly build rapport
• Knowledge of network protocols and OS across multiple vendors (Extreme EXOS, Ruckus, HP, etc)
• Experience with network management and monitoring tools
• Strong experience in wireless, switching and security environments
• Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technologies and products using documentation and available training resources.
• A self-starter able to work independently, but comfortable working in a team environment.